Pruning is the routine trimming of your trees. Pruning is both an art and a science, and requires knowledge and patience to do it properly. Limbs removed improperly are unsightly and cause health problems.
Simply stated: Hire an arborist to prune your trees!
Types of pruning include:
• Crown Cleaning: Crown cleaning can be compared to a good haircut. It involves removing deadwood, thinning the crown where needed, and removing unnecessary interior canopy to allow air and light to penetrate.
• Crown Reduction: The primary reason for reducing the crown of a tree is to control height and weight. Unlike topping, crown reduction removes small portions from nearly every limb in the canopy to cause the change. No more than 25% of individual limb or total canopy is removed, thus, you get maximum effect with the least impact on tree vitality. This technique may be used on overdeveloped individual limbs also.
• Crown Restoration: This procedure is used to help a tree recover from storm damage, topping, or improper pruning. It involves selective pruning for safety, longevity, and form.
• Crown Raising/or Elevation: The crown of a tree is normally raised for “clearance”. It removes low limbs that interfere with grass cutting, parking your vehicle, trash collection, utility wires, or emergency vehicle access. It is also raised to create curb appeal for a home, or to restrict animal access to the roof.
• Safety Pruning: While normally conducted during Crown Cleaning, this type of pruning can be done stand-alone. It involves removing sizeable deadwood from the crown and stem of the tree.
• Vista Pruning: This specialized pruning has many applications; it is used to “create a view”. For instance: To see vehicle traffic at an intersection or exiting your driveway; To see road signs, lights, entrances/exits, and yes even billboards, churches, and shopping centers; To see nearby landscape, like waterways etc.
• Root Pruning: Like the canopy of a tree, the root system of a tree may be pruned. While seldom necessary, here are a few instances where it may be required: Invasive roots that are destroying your walkway, driveway, foundation, or even your plumbing. Surface roots interfering with grass cutting, installed fences and decks, or worse…the pool. Like canopy pruning, root pruning requires knowledge, if not done properly the results can be catastrophic.
Bill was right on time for the estimate and gave a very fair price as the other 3 estimates were well over twice the price with less work being done.
Bill is part of the crew and works next to his people trimming and directing. They showed up on time and worked hard and fast.
The work was impeccable and when they left you would never know they were there, with the exception of perfectly trimmed trees. I would absolutely recommend them to everyone.
I know and will use them in the future for any other tree needs I may have.
Work performed in a professional and timely manner. Skilled climbers with good attention to detail.
Reliable and fair price. Have always been pleased with the results.
Will use Bill McCarthy again next year to drop another large sick tree. I believe he is an honest, knowledgeable and hard worker.
He is the "Go to Guy" for tree issues.
Bill has done tree work for me on three occasions.
The first two times he was the low estimate, so I don’t bother with estimates anymore, I just hire him.
He is on time, cleans up, and will occasionally throw in a little extra work. You can trust his recommendations.
His sons work for him and they all make a great team.
The service is excellent. They are very professional and timely.
They are a great business and the prices are good.
They gave us a 10% discount for being an Angie's List member.
An excellent experience from start to finish. Bill arrived at the agreed upon time to provide an estimate as was courteous and very knowledgeable.
The site was spotless and you would have never known that they were there except that limb had been removed.
I highly recommend this company and appreciate that they went above and beyond.
Thanks Bill and crew.
The crew arrived on time and went right to work. They had to cut down the tree in sections as there was not enough room in my backyard to drop it.
They worked like a well oiled machine and had most of the tree down by lunch. All debris was removed and they were professional and accommodating throughout, they went the extra mile to please this customer.
Bill and company were a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend.
Everything went fine. They were on time for the estimate and on the day the work started.
They contacted Miss Utility to make sure there were no underground utility lines near the work.
A neighbor even commented on how easily they removed the maple.
By noon they were done with all trash removed. They even brought in the trash can for me.
Please use this form to contact us or schedule an appointment. If you have a tree emergency, please call (757) 432-8733